Recipe by annconnolly
This is a very tasty seafood pasta, and less than 1/2 hour to make. Most of time is spent on cleaning & deveining the shrimp.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, large, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb linguine (preferably fresh)
- grated asiago cheese (as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for the linguine, adding 1 tbsp of the olive oil and a pinch of salt to the water. Cook the linguine for 7-8 minutes (al dente), stirring every minute. While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet with remaining olive oil.
- When th e oil is hot, add the shrimp to the skillet, sauteeing until the shrimp turns pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the basil and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the butter, and toss in the pasta, making sure to coat the pasta with the sauce. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately and garnish with the Asiago cheese as desired!