My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about = cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Cook linguine according to package directions, but do not add salt. Drain in a colander.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine broth, lemon juice, and bay leaf.
- 3Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook, covered, until shrimp just turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove shrimp from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- 5Reserve poaching liquid.
- 6In another skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and tomato paste; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- 7Add reserved poaching liquid; cook until mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- 8Remove bay leaf.
- 9Add shrimp to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in basil and pepper.
- 10Place linguine on a serving platter.
- 11Spoon sauce over top.
- 12Serve immediately.
- 13Shelly's cooking tip: To shell uncooked shrimp, start at the large end and peel away the shell.
- 14The tail fin may or may not be left on the shrimp, depending on the desired effect http://members.xoom.com/shellyskit/index.htm Shelly's Kitchen We have 100+ recipes
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 129.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 26.4 g