Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Yummy shrimp and pasta dish.
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 lemons
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus spears
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 cup basil leaves, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- Boil pasta as directed. Save 1/3 cup pasta water. Drain pasta; put in a serving bowl.
- Grate 2 teaspoons lemon zest and squeeze 3 Tablespoons lemon juice from lemons.
- Heast 2 teaspoons oil in skillet. Add shrimp and saute until just cooked 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl with pasta.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in skillet. Add onion; saute until translucent. Add asparagus, garlic, pepper and salt. Saute 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Stir in cream, lemon zest and juice, basil and olives; heat through.
- Pour over pasta and shrimp. Toss and add reserved cooking water to desired consistancy.