Recipe by **Pebbles**
A great appetizer or light lunch. Nice and cool and crunchy. Excellent for low carbers.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 8 large lettuce leaves (Boston)
- chopped roasted peanuts or cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- In non stick skillet heat oil over medium high heat until very hot.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Transfer to bowl.
- To same skillet add celery, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Return shrimp to skillet and add hoisin sauce, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Evenly divide mixture among lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle with nuts, or make a dipping sauce.