Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a one dish meal that I found in the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook. I'm throwing it up here for my records and I know people like one dish meals.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 3⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (to garnish) (optional)
- Melt margarine in 3-qt saucepan.
- Add rice, onion and green pepper.
- Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, salt, black pepper and pepper sauce; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms and parsley.
- Cook 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turns pink.
- Garnish with green onions.