This is a one dish meal that I found in the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook. I'm throwing it up here for my records and I know people like one dish meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Melt margarine in 3-qt saucepan.
- 2Add rice, onion and green pepper.
- 3Cook 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add broth, salt, black pepper and pepper sauce; bring to a boil.
- 5Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Add shrimp, mushrooms and parsley.
- 7Cook 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turns pink.
- 8Garnish with green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp La Louisiana
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 379.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g