Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love shrimp - here's one of many tasty ways to cook it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, plus extra for frying
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 ounces mushrooms
- white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, green and minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Marinate the Shrimp with sesame oil, unbeaten egg white, and half of the cornstarch.
- Let stand for 30 minutes or longer.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok and stir fry the Shrimp briefly.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook and toss, then season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Add beaten egg white, toss and remove shrimp and mushrooms.
- Add green onions, ginger, garlic, wine, stock, sugar and remaining cornstarch.
- Toss and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the Shrimp and mushrooms and heat through.
- Serve on noodles.
this was delicious, better than any take-out, and even quicker- we enjoyed it over rice