1/2 Photos of Shrimp Korma
This is a good variant on the popular chicken korma, if you are a seafood lover. Since this is a rather filling dish, it would go well served with a plain rice or chapati, instead of richer naans or pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 -2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk (can substitute light cream)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1(Drain shrimp thoroughly if they have been previously frozen.).
- 2Mix yoghurt, paprika, garam masala, tomato puree, coconut milk, chilli powder and water in a large bowl.
- 3Add salt to taste, and set aside.
- 4Heat oil and add garlic, ginger, cinnamon and cardamoms, saute on low heat.
- 5Pour in the spice mixture and bring to a boil while stirring intermittently.
- 6Add the shrimp and cook till pink and firm, stirring constantly and until the sauce starts to thicken.
- 7Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Korma
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 123.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: