Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Had leftover rice and two cans shrimp and I just started to cook and measure. I didn't want to make fried rice, Spanish rice or cook lots of vegetables this time. Here is the result. This is comfort food.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml minced onion
- 9.85 ml cilantro leaves
- 473.18 ml cooked white rice
- 177.44 ml Miracle Whip
- 236.59 ml shredded mild cheddar cheese or 236.59 ml shredded colby cheese
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 (226.79 g) can baby shrimp, drained
- In large bowl, beat egg sour cream, white pepper, salt, minced onion and cilantro.
- Add rice, miracle whip, cheese and olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Fold in shrimp.
- Turn into a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes. Let it set about 5 minutes before uncovering to serve.
- Note: You may substitute mayonnaise for the Miracle Whip. If you do, eliminate the olive oil in the recipe.
- If you use 3 cups rice add 1/3 more Miracle Whip and use a larger casserole.
- Note: You may add 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper if you want a "kick".