Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Had leftover rice and two cans shrimp and I just started to cook and measure. I didn't want to make fried rice, Spanish rice or cook lots of vegetables this time. Here is the result. This is comfort food.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons cilantro leaves
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese or 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (4 ounce) cans baby shrimp, drained
- In large bowl, beat egg sour cream, white pepper, salt, minced onion and cilantro.
- Add rice, miracle whip, cheese and olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Fold in shrimp.
- Turn into a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes. Let it set about 5 minutes before uncovering to serve.
- Note: You may substitute mayonnaise for the Miracle Whip. If you do, eliminate the olive oil in the recipe.
- If you use 3 cups rice add 1/3 more Miracle Whip and use a larger casserole.
- Note: You may add 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper if you want a "kick".