Shrimp Kelaguen With Finadene Sauce
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (head and tails removed)
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely minced
- 2 small red bird's eye chilies, finely minced
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, grated (use fresh if possible)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 10 medium jalapenos, stemmed and very finely minced
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- Cook shrimp in boiling water until they just turn pink. Drain and run under cold water. Drain again.
- Chop boiled shrimp into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix shrimp, onion, red peppers, coconut and lemon juice (increase lemon juice to taste if needed).
- Cover and chill for a few hours.
- Serve on warmed fresh tortillas, or Flour Titiyas, with the sauce on the side. (If using as a salad, pour sauce over shrimp, mix, and serve on lettuce leaves).
- For the sauce:.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill.