Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish is an appetizer and is a favorite in our island's village fiesta. Enjoy!
- 5 lbs shrimp (shelless and headless)
- 1 whole onion
- 5 -6 stalks green onions
- 1 medium coconut, grated (optional)
- 8 -10 whole lemons
- 4 -5 pieces hot red pepper
- Boil water and then add shrimp until pink in color.
- Drain and clean shrimp.
- Pound shrimp (until flattened) and place in a large bowl.
- Add salt and lemon juice to your taste.
- Add onions and peppers and mix well.
- Add grated coconut.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I didn't have coconut, so added jicama diced and I diced the white onion also. I chilled and sprinkled lemon juice and chili pepper and then tossed.Then added a little salt. Served with club crackers.