Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Shrimp marinated in orange juice,lime,honey & jalapenos makes this a delightful meal. Serve with rice,black beans and a flour tortilla. You can substitute 3 lbs. of chicken breast or pork tenderloin and it can be cooked on the outdoor grill or inside your broiler oven. It comes from "Cookin Light" 1998. I am posting for ZWT5.
- 4 lbs shrimp (large,peeled,deveined)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 jalapenos (seeded & chopped)
- 4 red bell peppers (cut in 1-inch cubes)
- lime wedge (optional)
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip top plastic bag, marinate in refrigerator 30 minute.
- Remove shrimp, reserving marinade, thread shrimp,bell pepper cubes and lime wedges onto 12 skewers.
- Prepare grill or broiler, cook 4 minute each side (or until shrimp have turned pink), basting frequently with marinade.
These shrimps and so good. I thought they would be very spicy but it was not so much due to the sweetness of honey and orange juice. I didn't do kebabs cause my shrimps were so small. Thanks BakinBaby :) Made for Holiday tag.