Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, leaving tails intact if desired
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, snipped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika or 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 fresh pineapple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- fresh lime wedge
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- Shrimp Kabobs: Rinse shrimp; pat dry.
- For sauce: In a small bowl, stir together melted butter, cilantro, green onion, lime peel and lime juice, paprika and garlic salt. Set aside.
- On four 8- to 10-inch metal skewers, thread shrimp, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. Brush with some of the sauce. Transfer kabobs to a baking sheet or tray.
- With nonstick cooking spray, lightly coat unheated grill rack. For a charcoal grill, grill shrimp kabobs on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once and brushing with some of the remaining sauce halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place shrimp kabobs on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.).
- Thread pineapple wedges onto four 8 - 10 inch metal skewers. Add pineapple skewers to the grill for the last 5 minutes of cooking, turning once and brushing with remaining sauce halfway through grilling time.
- Remove shrimp and pineapple skewers from grill. Serve over Cilantro-Scented Couscous. Serve with fresh lime wedges.
- Cilantro Couscous: In a medium saucepan, cook green onions in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in paprika; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Carefully add chicken broth and fresh cilantro. Bring mixture to boiling; stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
We made these kabobs for dinner last night. The shrimp kabobs were good, though we wish a little more of the lime butter sauce came through, though they were still very nice. I love grilled pineapple and it really works with the shrimp in this dish. DH did not care for the cilantro couscous even though we like all of the ingredients individually. I thought it was just ok. The highlights were the kabobs and pineapple. Made for ZW7