Recipe by FloridaGrl
A nice, easy shrimp dish to grill or broil.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
The marinade in this dish is superb. Lots of flavor and heat! We LOVE spicy and hot but this may be a little much for some. I would use half if you are not sure. Followed the recipe to a T except I did not peel the shrimp before grilling- less work for me and I think it adds flavor. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
- 3 lbs large shrimp, peeled & deveined, with their tails left on
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, NOT CAYENNE
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 bay leaves, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp into a food processor or blender and process until mixed well.
- Combine with the shrimp, and stir to coat well.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours, or better, overnight.
- Thread shrimp onto small skewers.
- Broil (or better still, grill over coals) until light brown but still juicy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Baste with marinade.