Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice, easy shrimp dish to grill or broil.
- 3 lbs large shrimp, peeled & deveined, with their tails left on
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, NOT CAYENNE
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 bay leaves, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp into a food processor or blender and process until mixed well.
- Combine with the shrimp, and stir to coat well.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours, or better, overnight.
- Thread shrimp onto small skewers.
- Broil (or better still, grill over coals) until light brown but still juicy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Baste with marinade.
The marinade in this dish is superb. Lots of flavor and heat! We LOVE spicy and hot but this may be a little much for some. I would use half if you are not sure. Followed the recipe to a T except I did not peel the shrimp before grilling- less work for me and I think it adds flavor. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!