Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A nice change of pace for your next cook-out
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, canned
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, sliced, cut in 2 pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1 pieces
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom cap
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces sweet and sour sauce
- 8 skewers
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Combine vegetables with shrimp on skewers and place in shallow pan.
- Mix sweet-and-sour sauce with reserved pineapple juice and pour over kabobs.
- Grill or broil kabobs for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Baste often with sauce.
Your in for a treat with this recipe we loved it. The flavor of the bacon wrapped around the shrimp was soooo good! Easy to make, just make sure you don't over grill the shrimp. I made this for my daughter, her date and 5 other of her friends that came over to have their dinner here before Prom this spring. They thought it was pretty cool eating dinner with my fine china and linens. Oh yes, I even had my set of double candlesticks on the table for them. Wish I could thank you Miller, God rest your soul.
We first tried this recipe while in Port Aransas, Texas, with shrimp fresh off the local fishing boats. It was perfect then and is just as good with the shrimp we brought home in the freezer. I use precooked bacon and put the veggies on separate skewers, as I like them cooked longer than the few minutes it takes to grill shrimp. Excellent with Black Bean salad #90363 and Sonoran Rice #16671