Recipe by Hoosier Nana
The first time I served this, I wasn't sure what the children would think of it, but they loved it -- they even asked if we could have it again... tomorrow night! (This is my modification of Leanne Ely's recipe -- www.savingdinner.com.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) canhunt garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 12 ounces linguine
- romaine lettuce (optional)
- fresh spinach (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add chopped peppers, onion powder and garlic; cook 5 minutes (or until tender), stirring frequently.
- Stir in pasta sauce, shrimp, and remaining ingredients (except pasta).
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until tender; drain and toss with a little olive oil.
- Spoon sauce over hot pasta.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a romaine and spinach salad.