Recipe by BeansnRice
I LOVE this dish. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my family that likes shrimp and this recipe makes a TON. I only make this recipe when I'm in the mood to eat shrimp for a couple of days. It's from Weeknight Cooking Made Easy.
Top Review by anti-suburban housewife
Very yummy! I added both shrimp and sausage due to my daughters dislike of shrimp and I omitted the peas due to my dislike of them. A little extra kick was given by a few dashes of Tobasco... This is a keeper! Thank you!!!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- You'll need a large skillet - saute the onion, celery and green peppers in butter until tender.
- Add the broth, rice and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, shimp and peas and heat through.