Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A variation of Vera Cruz Shrimp.
Make and share this Shrimp Jalapeno recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bay leaf and cook a minute.
- Add the onion, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, this takes about 3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, cover and cook about 3 to 4 minutes. The shrimp should just be turned pink.
- Stir in tomatoes and olives.
- Simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, replace cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, until the tomatoes are almost broken down.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve with lime wedges.