Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from an old recipe book of mine, I think I have had it 15-20 years. It is called 30 minute meals. The ingredients may seem a little odd, but this is excellent. I have yet to have one person served not like it. Usually they go home with a recipe card as well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw large shrimp, cleaned and sliced lengthwise along the vein
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- Put oil and butter in a skillet heat on medium heat.
- While skillet is heating bring 4 quart Sauce pan of water to a boil.
- While your waiting for water to boil add onion and garlic to skillet and sauté unit onion is almost transparent.
- Add linguine to 4 qt sauce pan and cook approx 7-10 min, until desired tenderness.
- While your linguine is cooking add shrimp to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through out.
- Once your shrimp is ready add parsley, walnuts, olives, oregano, basil, salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Mix to combine skillet ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- When your Linguine is done, drain it.
- Place about a cup to a cup and a half of linguine on each plate and then spoon the skillet mixture over the to of the linguine.
- Provide parmesan cheese for sprinkling.
It's true, the ingredients do seem a bit odd, but they totally work! This is a fantastic, quick meal. It is already a favorite and will be in our regular meal rotation. I already want to make it again tomorrow night!
This was quick, easy and very tasty, the only departure was to cut back (i used 1/2) the amount of olive oil and butter.