Recipe by English_Rose
This is a tasty starter for any meal. Combining whisky and cream makes for a very rich sauce. Quantities are sufficient for six people.
- 12 ounces shrimp, shelled
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce butter
- salt and pepper
- parsley, chopped, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter six ramekin dishes (moulded baking dishes).
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the chopped onions until soft. Then add the prawns and heat through.
- Then add the whisky and cook for another two minutes. Stir in the cream, heat, but remove before it reaches boiling point.
- Season to taste and pour into the ramekin (moulded baking) dishes. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and brown under a hot broiler.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley.