I found this recipe a bunch of years ago, so I really don't remember where I found it. I have, as is my nature, changed it a little. I think the only hard part of this recipe is "skinning" the tomatoes. I usually end up using a potato peeler to remove the skins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a pot of water to a boil and drop the tomatoes in one at a time. Let them sit in water 30 seconds. This should let the skins peel right off.
- 2Once all the tomatoes are skinned, de-seed them and chop up finely.
- 3Now use the boiling water for the pasta. Follow the box directions for the pasta.
- 4Now in a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over med-hi heat and saute the garlic for 15-20 seconds. Just enough to release the flavor.
- 5Then add the tomatoes and saute for 5 mins to make the tomatoes break down.
- 6Now add the wine if you're going to use it. Stir constantly until the wine evaporates and the tomatoes resemble mush.
- 7Now add the cream and shrimp, turn the heat down to med and continue stirring until thickened and shrimp have cooked through - about 15-20 minutes.
- 8Serve over pasta.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp in Tomato Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 823.6
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 211.1 mg
- Sodium 166.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 35.5 g