Recipe by E. Elaine (Gypsy) Dangerfield
This is a Mexican recipe I found on one of my many travels around the country. I love the smokey taste of chipotles and try to use them in many dishes, or alone. Have fun with this one and make it your own.
- 2 heads garlic, mashed into a paste.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted.
- 8 ounces fresh tomatoes (or canned for convience.)
- 1 (3 ounce) can chipotle chiles, drained if desired.
- 4 lbs shrimp (shell, heads on or off.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the mashed garlic with the melted butter and saute the shrimp until pink.
- Puree peeled tomatoes and chipotles in a food processor or blender etc.
- Pour over the shrimp and simmer until it is thickened.
- Serve hot.
- White rice goes well with this dish and a nice Mexican beer, or if you are lucky enough to find it try pulque, an alcaholic beverage made from the maguey cactus.