Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Prosecco is an Italian wine. You could substitute any dry white wine.
- 3 onions
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 1 cup prosecco
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Sautée the onions with the butter until golden. Add the shrimp and cook for 6 minutes. Add the cognac, salt and pepper.
- Add the Prosecco and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp into a platter and cook the sauce for 3 more minutes until glazy. Add the cream and cook for 5 more minutes or until sauce is thick.
- Pour the warm sauce over the shrimp and serve.
- Garnish with parsley.