Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve this yummy shrimp dish over white rice for a easy dinner!! This is from Everyday Food.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, melt 1 Tbs butter over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and garlic.
- Cook, tossing, until the shrimp starts to turn pink on the outside but is stil translucent on the inside, about 2 min (the shrimp will finish cooking later.).
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and in the same skillet, melt the remaining butter.
- Add the shallot and cook until softened, 1-2 minute.
- Add the flour and cook for 30 secs, whisking constantly.
- Gradually add the wine, broth, and mustard - whisking constantly.
- Simmer until it is as thick as heavy cream, about 5 minute.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout, about 2 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This was super quick and very tasty! I had everything in the house already, so it made for a nice quick dinner.