Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
You’ll note that even though the sauce is called "Lobster Sauce", there is no lobster in the sauce at all. When lobster meat is used in this sauce, it is called "Lobster Cantonese", hence getting the name "Lobster Sauce". Pay no attention to the review by "Crazy Chef Bob". He has the correct name, because he is crazy. This is a DELICIOUS recipe. Try it, you will like it. If you have any questions e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (shelled)
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 bunch scallion (sliced, only white part)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black bean sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- white pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons leftover peas (optional)
- In a medium skillet, sautè the ground pork& scallions.
- Transfer into a saucepan,& add all the other ingredients, except the shrimp, egg, white rice& pepper.
- Bring to a near boil,& then reduce heat to a simmer, constantly stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce thickens, add the pepper to taste& also add the shrimp.
- If you’re adding peas, add them now.
- Drizzle the beaten eggs over the sauce,& simmer about 5 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of white rice.
recipe is not even close to traditional cantonese recipe. Sorry does not make the grade!!