Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
You’ll note that even though the sauce is called "Lobster Sauce", there is no lobster in the sauce at all. When lobster meat is used in this sauce, it is called "Lobster Cantonese", hence getting the name "Lobster Sauce". Pay no attention to the review by "Crazy Chef Bob". He has the correct name, because he is crazy. This is a DELICIOUS recipe. Try it, you will like it. If you have any questions e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (shelled)
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 bunch scallion (sliced, only white part)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black bean sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- white pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons leftover peas (optional)
- In a medium skillet, sautè the ground pork& scallions.
- Transfer into a saucepan,& add all the other ingredients, except the shrimp, egg, white rice& pepper.
- Bring to a near boil,& then reduce heat to a simmer, constantly stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce thickens, add the pepper to taste& also add the shrimp.
- If you’re adding peas, add them now.
- Drizzle the beaten eggs over the sauce,& simmer about 5 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of white rice.
crazy crazy Bob, this recipe is as close to lobster Cantonese as I have ever seen without adding lobster to the ingredients. being originally from Boston and knowing what good Chinese food is and then living in Philadelphia for 18 years I consider myself knows how to cook Chinese food. I've been cooking for the last 58 years for my family and friends. I was senior steward at the Rhode Island Yacht Club which is the oldest Yacht Club in the country for 3 years. this is an excellent recipe for shrimp in black bean sauce may I suggest one thing? Next time bread your shrimp and then proceed the way your recipe shows browning the shrimp and leaving a nice coating puffed up reading on it. that would be breaded butterfly shrimp with black bean sauce Boston style. excellent recipe thank you for posting that. Big Daddy Steve
recipe is not even close to traditional cantonese recipe. Sorry does not make the grade!!