Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
The sharp lime juice brings out the flavor of the shrimp. This recipe hails from Puerto Vallarto, Mexico.
- 1 (6 ounce) bag spinach, stems removed
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach in a small amount of water in a large covered saucepan over high heat for about 2 minutes or until wilted (toss once or twice during cooking).
- Drain spinach well and press out excess water.
- Season with salt and pepper and place on a platter; keep warm.
- In a big skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add garlic and stir/saute for 1 minute (do not let garlic burn).
- Add shrimp and stir/saute for about 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Cook about 1 minute longer.
- Serve immediately over bed of spinach.