Recipe by English_Rose
The deliciously rich, tangy sauce perfectly complements the tender shrimp. Serve with warm crusty bread.
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, reserved for garnish
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 ounces button mushrooms
- 7 ounces jumbo shrimp, cooked
- 4 ounces asparagus tips, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the wine and vinegar in a small saucepan over a moderate heat and reduce to 2 tablespoons. Add the lemon juice.
- Gradually whisk in the butter over a low heat, one cube at a time until slightly thickened and glossy.
- Remove from the heat, add seasoning to taste, then set to one side.
- Heat the oil, add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Add the shrimp and asparagus, heat through and transfer to a warmed serving plate.
- Serve straight away with the warm lemon butter sauce poured over.