Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family loved this! It's easy and delicious. I Found it in "Cooking for Love." If you don't have curry powder, you can use 1/4 tsp. cardamon and 1/2 tsp. ground cumin instead. This makes a lot of sauce which is nice served over plain white rice.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed, about 36-38
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped or 1⁄8 cup dried cilantro
- Rinse shrimp well and pat dry and set aside.
- Mix the lime juice, sour cream, yogurt and cilantro in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and add the onion and red pepper flakes.
- Cook briefly until the onion is wilted.
- Add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste; cook stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Add the curry; stir.
- Add the sour cream and yogurt mixture; cook stirring, until piping hot and shrimp are opaque and not overdone.
- Serve with white rice.
This has become a family favorite! I marinate the cooked shrimp (and sometimes chicken) in curry powder and lime juice. I also double the sauce using 2 cups yogurt and 2 cups sour cream. My family loves it! Thanks!