- 2 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, Shelled and deveined (large)
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 lemons, rind of, 1 inch strips
- 1 bay leaf
- bibb lettuce
- 2⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 12 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Add enough cold water to cover shrimp by 1 inch.
- Add peppercorns, lemon peel, bay leaf and salt. Bring to boil high heat and boil shrimp 30 seconds or until just turn pink and just cooked.
- Drain and rinse under running cold water and drain them thoroughly.
- Sauce: In a bowl combine all ingredients and chill.
- Line cocktail glasses with Bibb lettuce and add 1 tablespoon sauce to each glass.
- Divide shrimp among the glasses and garnish them with the remaining sauce and a slice of lemon.
This is the shrimp cocktail recipe I have been searching for. Thanks. It made a wonderful appetizer.
Awesome, yet easy. Thanks.
Perfect sauce enjoyed by all - This combo is just right Thanks Helen for THE sauce I've been looking for