Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 5 oz. shrimp mixture and 1 oz. bread. Per serving: 352 calories, 11.8 g fat, 37.6 g protein, 19.5 g carb, 2 g fiber, 259 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by Katanashrp
This dish immediately transported me to my favorite Portuguese restaurant. The smell was irresistible so I totally forgot to take a picture. I can't wait to make this again. Much more interesting than garlic sauce. Thank you.
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 6 ounces sourdough bread (torn into six 1 oz. pieces) or 6 ounces French bread (torn into six 1 oz. pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add olive oil and garlic to a food processor; process until the garlic is finely chopped, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add in green onions and parsley; pulse until minced.
- Transfer garlic mixture into a large bowl; add in 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, red pepper, and shrimp; toss well to coat.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to a shallow roasting pan; add in the wine.
- Bake in a 500° oven for 7 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring once.
- Serve with bread.