1/1 Photo of Shrimp in Ginger Coconut Cream
This recipe was originally from "The Simpler the Better: Sensational Home Cooking in three Easy Steps" but I found it in our local newspaper. You can use precooked shrimp and add it after the sauce has thickened. Serve over cooked rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add red pepper and ginger and cook 30 seconds.
- 3Add shrimp and coconut milk, cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque inside and pink outside.
- 4Remove shrimp and red pepper with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- 5Bring sauce to a boil over medium high heat, cook, stiring occasionally, 3-5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 6Season with salt and cayenne, remove from heat, stir in shrimp and red pepper.
- 7If desired, garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp in Ginger Coconut Cream
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.7
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 214.3 mg
- Sodium 976.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 25.3 g