Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
A favorite tapas
- 1 lb small shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 -10 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 2 dried red chili peppers, each broken into 3 pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika (if you can get pimenton, the smoky Spanish paprika, all the better)
- 3 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- About ½ hour before cooking, season shrimp well with salt.
- Place shrimp on paper towels; let rest.
- When ready to cook, add olive oil to a large sauté pan over med-high heat.
- Add in garlic and dried chili pepper pieces; sauté 2 minutes and make sure the garlic doesn’t brown.
- Dry the shrimp well; add them to the hot oil and turn them quickly to coat with the oil.
- Cook, tossing, until the shrimp are just done—no more than 2 minutes.
- As the shrimp finish cooking, sprinkle with the paprika and parsley; stir to blend well.
- Remove from heat; add salt to taste.
- Divide among 4 appetizer plates and serve immediately with good bread for sopping up the oil.