Recipe by Oolala
An appetizer posted in the Sun-Sentinel newspaper which says originating in the coastal areas of Spain, this simple makes a wonderful appetizer and can be served chilled or hot. You can use shell on or peeled, deveined shrimp for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on if you like
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced, can use minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, can use smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until it begins to brown.
- Add the shrimp, paprika and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Saute 3-5 minutes, until shrimp are almost opaque and add the sherry and lemon juice.
- Continue to saute another minute until shrimp are cooked through.
- Season with salt and garnish with parsley and serve.