Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a to die for dish that is really quick to make. Use only the freshest tomatoes you can find as well as fresh herbs. Serve over linguini or angel hair pasta.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 -6 fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- salt and black pepper
- On medium high heat in skillet, add olive oil and when hot, add shrimp and saute quickly for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add basil and parsley and saute for another minute.
- Remove shrimp from pan and add tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low.
- Return shrimp to pan for approximately 1 minute to heat through.
- Stir in additional fresh basil, if desired.
This shrimp has marvelous flavor! I increased the amounts of both the basil and parsley, used 4 tomatoes and 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp. Very quick and easy to serve over angel hair pasta. Thank you, Marie! Bev