Recipe by Marie
This is a to die for dish that is really quick to make. Use only the freshest tomatoes you can find as well as fresh herbs. Serve over linguini or angel hair pasta.
Top Review by Bev
This shrimp has marvelous flavor! I increased the amounts of both the basil and parsley, used 4 tomatoes and 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp. Very quick and easy to serve over angel hair pasta. Thank you, Marie! Bev
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 -6 fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- On medium high heat in skillet, add olive oil and when hot, add shrimp and saute quickly for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add basil and parsley and saute for another minute.
- Remove shrimp from pan and add tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low.
- Return shrimp to pan for approximately 1 minute to heat through.
- Stir in additional fresh basil, if desired.