Simple recipe but not for the weak hearted. Surprisingly the amount of chile & garlic does not detract from the flavor of the shrimp. I recommend that you make your own bolillos to go with the shrimp to soak up the sauce. Serve with green salad & noodles. Garnish the shrimp with the green onions
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs medium raw shrimp, fresh or frozen and thawed,shelled but tail attached
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup lite olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 -5 dried arbol chiles, crumbled or 4 fresh jalapenos (use other hot peppers to suit your taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 green onion tops, only chopped
- 4 -8 bolillos bread (see Mexican Bolillos, Crusty Oval Rolls) or 2 loaves mini crusty French bread
- 1In a large wok or heavy skillet heat the butter& oil until foamy.
- 2Add garlic, chillies, Lime juice& salt.
- 3Cook& stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Add and toss the shrimp, stirring all the while until the shrimp have just turned color (opaque).
- 5Do not over cook or they will be dry& tough.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp In Fiery Hot Garlic Butter
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.3
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 319.7 mg
- Sodium 417.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green onion tops