Recipe by Bergy
Simple recipe but not for the weak hearted. Surprisingly the amount of chile & garlic does not detract from the flavor of the shrimp. I recommend that you make your own bolillos to go with the shrimp to soak up the sauce. Serve with green salad & noodles. Garnish the shrimp with the green onions
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium raw shrimp, fresh or frozen and thawed,shelled but tail attached
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 -5 dried arbol chiles, crumbled or 4 fresh jalapenos (use other hot peppers to suit your taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 green onion tops, only chopped
- 4 -8 bolillos bread (see recipe#12298) or 2 loaves mini crusty French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large wok or heavy skillet heat the butter& oil until foamy.
- Add garlic, chillies, Lime juice& salt.
- Cook& stir for 2 minutes.
- Add and toss the shrimp, stirring all the while until the shrimp have just turned color (opaque).
- Do not over cook or they will be dry& tough.