Recipe by FlemishMinx
I see that this recipe differs from the other shrimps in coconut milk recipes previously posted, so I'm including it. Don't be fooled by the relatively small number of ingredients and ease of preparation-- we adore this dish, and hope you will too !
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 11 ounces coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cloves
- 2 chili peppers, sliced (green or red, your choice)
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onions and garlic until the onion softens.
- Add the curry powder, cloves and chili peppers and cook until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and the shrimp.
- Simmer just until the shrimps have turned pink.
- I usually lay them one by one in one layer in the pan, and as soon as they are all in, turn them over one by one.
- When I've finished, they are usually done too.
- Serve with rice.