Recipe by Nif
This recipe is straight from Puerto Rico! Creamy and delicious, you'll love this over rice. Enjoy!
Top Review by tti01
i don't generally like tomato sauce, but this was delicious! i used a can of tomato soup and also added a can of minced clams in natural juice, besides the 8 oz, clam juice. it came out perfectly! now let's just hope hubby likes it when he gets home from work!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced very thin
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup clam juice
- 14 ounces coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Season shrimp with pepper and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium. Stir in onion, scallion and garlic and cook, stirring often until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in clam broth and coconut milk, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Put 1 cup of hot rice in the middle of your plate. Top with this delicious shrimp!