Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Its really easy and I think that you can pretty much add any seasoning you like if you do not like the Indian spices I have mentioned. Also, adjust the quantities to your taste.
- 6 uncooked jumbo shrimp, deveined and unpeeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 8 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic and chopped cilantro.
- Add all the seasoning powders.
- Add the shrimp and cook till they turn pink.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Add salt to taste.
- Bring to a Boil.
- Remember: Thickness and quantity of the gravy is a personal choice, so you may add water to thin it out or add more coconut milk.
Wonderful flavor and very quick and easy to make--just my kind of recipe! Chef Kate recommended it to me, and I'm so glad she did. Loved it--thanks for posting!
Wow--this is Fabulous! and so easy! And the sauce is a gorgeous chrome yellow and the texture of the shrimp is lovely and firm. I had this over rice--might add some sliced scallion or asparagus next time---it's a really excellent dish. Sana, I'm SO glad I adopted you!