Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Martha Stewart recipe that I tore out of a magazine because it looked less complicated than most of her stuff. Its' easy and really good with jasmine or basmati rice.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced in rings
- fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med heat.Add onion, garlic, and ginger and saute until translucent.
- Add coconut milk and simmer until reduced by half - 3-4 minutes.
- Add shrimp and chile pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is fully cooked, about 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with freshj cilantro leaves.