Recipe by GG #3
Shrimp is delicious.
Top Review by duonyte
Shrimp and salsa verde - what's not to like? I tried it as written, and then added a little mascarpone I happened to have handy to the rest of the sauce, heated it and stirred to melt it in and create a creamy sauce - that was very tasty too, and looked a little fancier. Nice with rice. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 2 tomatillos (husked, rinsed & chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno (seeded & finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- 1Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp; rinse. Set shrimp aside.
- For green sauce, in a medium skillet cook tomatillos, onion, garlic, and jalapeño or serrano pepper in hot oil for about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Cool slightly.
- Place tomatillo mixture in a blender container or food processor bowl; add chicken broth, cilantro, and parsley. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Return mixture to skillet and heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook shrimp in boiling water for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain well. Toss cooked shrimp with sauce.