Recipe by Buster's friend
Stashing this for fall shrimp - fat & delicious in still warm water but oh so good on the first chilly nights. This recipe came from The Times-Picayune. The recipe noted to please make fresh mashed potatoes & green peas to go with the shrimp. Go easy with the Kitchen Bouquet - a little is good but too much is ungood.
- 89.90 ml salted butter
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 907.18 g fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 14.79 ml cornstarch (heaping)
- 354.88 ml cold water
- 4.92 ml Kitchen Bouquet
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add celery and green onion and sweat until clear. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are pink.
- Mix cornstarch in cold water and add to shrimp mixture. Stir until heated through. Add Kitchen Bouquet, pepper and salt. Lower heat, stir and cover for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over fresh mashed potatoes with green peas.