Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Stashing this for fall shrimp - fat & delicious in still warm water but oh so good on the first chilly nights. This recipe came from The Times-Picayune. The recipe noted to please make fresh mashed potatoes & green peas to go with the shrimp. Go easy with the Kitchen Bouquet - a little is good but too much is ungood.
- 3⁄8 cup salted butter
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (heaping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add celery and green onion and sweat until clear. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are pink.
- Mix cornstarch in cold water and add to shrimp mixture. Stir until heated through. Add Kitchen Bouquet, pepper and salt. Lower heat, stir and cover for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over fresh mashed potatoes with green peas.