Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
special birthday dinner.from my sister
- 2 lbs shrimp, raw & peeled.
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups beer, canadian lager recomended.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt & pepper
- bring beer& bay leaf to a boil.
- add shrimp cook 5-6 minutes,or till pink.
- pick out& set shrimp aside.
- clean scum-- if any-- off of the beer.
- boil till beer is reduced to 1 c.
- In large skillet melt butter, add flour, and mix into uniform paste.
- add reduced beer, cook& whisk untill thick.
- add cream, cayenne pepper, salt& pepper and parsley.
- return shrimp to pan and heat through serve over crusty french bread.
- makes lots of yummy sauce.
- i hope you enjoy it.