Recipe by Lennie
Shrimp can be cooked in many ways. Here's an Indian grilled version, done with tandoori flavourings. Ideal as a main course or as part of an appetizer extravaganza. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by Tina Richardson
I LOVE this marinade..I eat A LOT of shrimp and I am always looking for a new marinade.UNTIL NOW I have not been able to find one that was SPICY enough for my tastes.I LOVE this recipe though.I did not have the yogurt , but it was AWESOME anyway!
- 4 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread shrimp on 8 10-inch skewers (if using wooden, they might not be as long so you may have to make more; soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before threading shrimp onto them) and lay on a jelly roll sheet or any pan that will hold them in one layer.
- Marinate shrimp: In a small bowl, mix all ingredients well and spoon over skewered shrimp, cover completely.
- Slip into a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Grill shrimp: Grill skewered shrimp over ashed coals for 3-4 minutes; turn and continue cooking 3 minutes more until done.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.