6 hrs 39 mins
6 hrs 30 mins
Shrimp can be cooked in many ways. Here's an Indian grilled version, done with tandoori flavourings. Ideal as a main course or as part of an appetizer extravaganza. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1Thread shrimp on 8 10-inch skewers (if using wooden, they might not be as long so you may have to make more; soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before threading shrimp onto them) and lay on a jelly roll sheet or any pan that will hold them in one layer.
- 2Marinate shrimp: In a small bowl, mix all ingredients well and spoon over skewered shrimp, cover completely.
- 3Slip into a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- 4Grill shrimp: Grill skewered shrimp over ashed coals for 3-4 minutes; turn and continue cooking 3 minutes more until done.
- 5Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp in a Tandoori Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 353.5 mg
- Sodium 511.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 48.6 g