Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
No one will Whine and all will skip the Cheese when you smell these cooking! Open a bottle of sweet plum wine sip and enjoy with these tasty spicy morsels for a nice start to any meal. 2 large shrimp will appease your appetite till your main meal is ready. Made for http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=332765&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 ZWT 6 the Wild Card Challenge http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=330044 These are spicy you may enjoy white rice with it.
- 453.59 g extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1.23 ml red chili pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic
- 14.79 ml sliced scallion
- 9.85 ml minced ginger
- 1 lime, juice
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 2.46 ml hot sesame oil (if you like it hot) or 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml fresh Thai basil or 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- 14.79 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- Combine all but the shrimp in a glass bowl with lid. Add shrimp toss to coat and marinade for 20 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade.
- To grill:.
- Heat grill to high. Place shrimp soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers on a clean well oil grates cooking to mark on all sides.
- Stir fry:.
- I in a hot wok coated with oil for 3-4 minutes till pink. Do not over cook.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and scallions.
- Serve as an appetizer or over rice for a meal.
its amazing marinade, first time i tried shrimp to cook and as a snacks all loved this . Awesome recipe, thanks a lot.
My husband was "starving" so I looked on my phone for a quick recipe to satisfy this picky eater... I found this one and crossed my fingers. He says he doesn't like ginger, lime juice, sesame oil, or soy sauce, so I didn't tell him what was in the marinade LOL... I added some cayenne because I didn't have hot oil, and I added a splash of the beer he was drinkin. Quote: "And that is a recipe we ARE SAVING. One of the best shrimp meals I have ever had!" Thanks for proving him wrong again LOL!!!!
Very good! Will add a tad bit more chilies next time.