1/6 Photos of Shrimp in a Spicy Ginger-Cilantro Broth - Clean Eating
This is out of the Fall 2008 clean eating magazine...So I made this tonight...7/21/12...mine turned out very much like the photo in the magazine...it was a pale yellow like chicken broth...not sure what happen with the 1st reviewer...I used steamed broccoli and threw in a touch of sliced chili pepper for additional color and heat...I do think that a splash of lime would really bring all the flavors together...hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour chicken broth into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave covered on high until broth is hot, approximately 3 minutes, depending on the power of your appliance.
- 2Meanwhile, chop cilantro, including stems.
- 3Reserve 1 cup of chopped leaves for garnish.
- 4Thinly slice ginger.
- 5Crush garlic cloves with the flat side of your knife.
- 6Cut chili pepper in half: remove seeds if you want less heat in your soup.
- 7When broth is hot, pour into a medium saucepan.
- 8Add chopped cilantro stems and leaves (except reserved cup) ginger, garlic and chili pepper and cover.
- 9Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 10Strain broth into the microwave-safe bowl, then return strained broth to saucepan.
- 11Add shrimp and vegetables.
- 12Cook for 3 minutes.
- 13Garnish with cilantro leaves you've set aside and discard the rest.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp in a Spicy Ginger-Cilantro Broth - Clean Eating
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.3
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 239.1 mg
- Sodium 1824.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen asian-style vegetables