Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a reduction on calories and carbs for this superb recipe - it is challenging to find one that fits both mine and my husbands needs, however, this I believe fits the bill quite nicely! For it to be low carb, serve over grilled or baked portabello mushrooms. To keep low fat as is, serve over pasta. Bon Appetito!
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Place olive oil in skillet on medium heat, add shrimp and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add salt, garlic, oregano, pepper, nutmeg, and white wine.
- Bring to a boil for a minute, remove from heat.
- Serve over pasta or grilled portabello mushroom.
Very good, simple and low fat. I used butter instead of olive oil, but that's all I subbed. Loved all that garlic! I did use the optional nutmeg, but just about 1/4 tsp. I think the 1 tsp is a typo? That's way too much. I served this over extra wide noodles. Yummy! Thanx for sharing this!