Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Imonelli's is a local Italian restaurant that serves great Italian food with a South Louisiana influence. The original recipe serves this over pasta, but DH & I prefer to grill whole Portabella mushrooms and serve it over the grilled mushrooms instead of pasta. If you make this change it now becomes a low carbohydrate meal. To grill your Portabellas rinse them under cool water and using a small spoon gently remove the gills on the underside. Rub with olive oil and season to taste. We really like to sprinkle Emeril's Essence on ours then grill. Also, please do not overcook your shrimp or they will be tough and chewy.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed oregano leaves
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add shrimp and saute' for 2 minutes.
- Add nutmeg, salt, black pepper, white pepper, oregano, garlic and wine.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove shrimp from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add cream and Parmesan cheese to skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and simmer for 2 minutes.
Not so good on the waist but my son loved thisQQ