24 hrs 15 mins
A great excuse to throw a party!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup crab boil seasoning (recipe follows or use store-bought)
- 2 1/2 lbs fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 fluid ounces distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 fluid ounces olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large bay leaves
Crab Boil Seasoning Mix
- 1---To Make The Crab Boil Mix---.
- 2Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- 3Pulsing, process until the mixture forms a coarse powder.
- 4---To Prepare The Shrimp---.
- 5In a large kettle, bring 6 cups water to a boil; add the crab boil mix.
- 6Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Add the shrimp and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, just until the shrimp turn pink and are translucent throughout do not overcook or shrimp will be tough; drain well.
- 8In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, celery seeds, mustard, olive oil, and cayenne pepper.
- 9In a large bowl, arrange ½ of the cooked shrimp.
- 10Cover with half of the onion slices and the bay leaves.
- 11Top with another layer of shrimp and onions.
- 12Pour the dressing over the shrimp, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- 13To serve, drain the shrimp and onions of as much oil as possible; discard the bay leaves.
- 14Place the shrimp and onions in a bowl and serve with toothpicks or cocktail sticks.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Horses' Doovers
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1355.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crab boil seasoning